Monday, February 1, 2010

Not quite ready for reality...

















We had a wonderful time in Costa Rica. Our time was spent in the Guanacaste region of the country where we stayed at the beautiful Riu resort. Of course there was lots of fun, food and fruity cocktails, but above all, we got some much needed rest!

The scenery in Costa Rica is gorgeous! It's a mixture of a beach paradice and a lush jungle. This is a view on the beach of resort where we spent some time.

The first night we were there, I managed to get ambitious and enter a dance contest! My new hubby was reluctant to enter with me so the staff set me up with Pepito, my new Bulgarian friend. And guess what...WE WON! I got a lovely Riu t-shirt that can now fit Claire after one washing :)










As you can probably tell, little sunscreen was used on day one. So the next day, I was at the gift shop buying $30 sunscreen.



One day, we took a bus trip to a national park for a "Jungle Cruise". It was the REAL version of the Disney theme park ride. We got up close and personal with alligators, birds, iguanas, and lots of white faced monkeys! This picture was taken at a sugar cane plantation we "pit stopped" on the way. It was absolutely beautiful and we got to see sugar cane processed the old-fashioned way...with a cow!



One night, we entertained ourselves by walking down the beach in the dark looking for turtles. We didn't see any turtles, but we did get some fun photos and Greg got two bloody toes when he stubbed them on something in the sand. Lesson learned...take a flashlight!

























Our final day in Costa Rica, after a lot of recommendations, we decided to zipline through the canopy. It was BY FAR our favorite excursion on the trip. If you get the opportunity to do it, you should take advantage of it. The locals who ran the company really had a great time scaring me and the other girls as we hung 5o + feet above the ground. I included a really cool video of Greg's experience. It was something we will never forget...even got to play with some monkeys at the end of the trip (a little freaky, but fun).






These little guys were a lot of fun, but quite sneaky! The guys working there told us to empty our pockets and take out my earrings before going into the cage. So, the first thing the monkey did was jump on my head and take out my ponytail holder. What a little thief! The one I am holding loved to be held just like a baby. I wanted to take him home!




Overall, we had a great time on our honeymoon! What a wonderful way to get my first stamp on my passport...with my new husband! We had such a good time and it made it hard to get back to the real world!







video

1 comments:

Sharon said...

What a treat to see the pictures of such a fun honeymoon...I'm sure it was difficult to move back into the real world. As a big sister, I also appreciate your kind words about Cindy - we all know how excited she is to have a new daughter :)


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved