Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So Proud to Call her Mom!

As the kids get ready to go back to school, I can't help but reflect on the fact that after almost 25 years of teaching at Winship Elementary (not counting the years "Pre- Jill & Lindsey"), my Mom has will be enjoying her retirement this fall. Not only am I proud of my mother as a woman, I so proud of what he has contributed to the education of hundreds of students over the years. So many of my friends had her as a teacher, and now I have friends who taught along beside of her. I never get tired of hearing them say what a wonderful teacher, mentor, or second mother she has been to them. At the beginning of the summer, Mom was honored by the staff at Winship Elementary with a lovely reception. I honestly got goosebumps hearing her co-workers talk about how she had influenced them over the years. I know they feel lucky to have had her as a friend and co-worker, but she is also so lucky to have them as well.

Jill & I, along with Greg & Tommy, also threw a cocktail party to show her how proud we are and excited we are to see her in retirement. It was great to have so many of her friends in one place to celebrate her success over the years.








I know Mom will find plenty to do now that she's retired. She's already enjoying catching up with old friends and planning an East Coast cruise with Dad in the fall. Best Wishes Mom and enjoy every second of your retirement! xoxo




0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved