Thursday, August 18, 2011

Who knew I was a Matchmaker??

First let me give you the abridged background story on how I met Stephen... About 14 or 15 years ago, a new guy moved to my high school. He quickly became great friends with my boyfriend at that time, which in turn made him my friend by default :-) He and I remained friends beyond high school break-ups and tried to keep up with each other through college, but as time and distance often do, we somewhat lost touch. Then after each of us had graduated from college and started our professional careers, by coincidence, we rented the apartments directly across the hall from each other. Needless to say, our friendship was quickly rekindled.

Flash forward 3 years...I had been working at my current job for a few years when they hired this young, vibrant college graduate, Katie. Since she & I sat in the cubicles next to one another and learned that we had so much in common, it was inevitable that we would become fast friends. I still call her my work sister because we spend so much time together and I honestly feel like she is a little sister to me.

One day, my mom, who knew both Katie & Stephen, suggested we introduce them. I decided that they seemed to have a lot in common and were both not currently dating anyone, so why not introduce them. Greg & I arranged for a group date to the Zach Brown Band concert. Katie & Stephen hit it off and were inseparable in no time.

This past weekend, Katie & Stephen were married in a beautiful outdoor ceremony at the Courtyard at St. James here in Houston. I was honored to be a part of their wedding house party and enjoyed celebrating with both of their families. The Bride was stunning and I could not be prouder to call them both my friends. Here are a few pictures from the wedding. Congratulations Katie & Stephen! I love you both and wish you many years of happiness ahead!







1 comments:

southerninspiration said...

What a sweet story and beautiful wedding! Congrats to Katie and Stephen!

Suzanne


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved