Monday, October 10, 2011

Battle of the Piney Woods (and a recipe!)

Last year, Greg's alma mater, Sam Houston State, started playing their rival, Stephen F. Austin State, at Reliant Stadium here in Houston. So, along with our friends and Greg's parents, we started a tradition of going to the game and tailgating beforehand. This year, our tailgate grew by people and set-up. The weather wasn't on our side, but with this drought, we didn't complain or let it dampen our spirits. Sam won the game everyone had a great time celebrating some good ole Texas college football.

The Family

Me & My Bearkat

Britney, Brandon, and the soon-to-be arriving Baby Colton

Geoff getting some lovin' from his FIANCE, Laura :-)

Happy 30th Michelle!

The Sig Ep Wives

Eat'em Up Kats!

For the tailgate, I made a recipe I had seen on Mama Laughlin, another blog I follow. It had been a hit at her tailgate so I thought I'd try it out on mine. The recipe was for Paula Deen's Corn Salad...I mean, you can't go wrong with Paula Deen, right? Well, the salad was a hit and was completely gobbled up by the day's end. So, here you go...I hope you enjoy!


2- 15oz cans of kernel corn, drained
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonaise
1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1- 10 1/2 oz bag of Chili Cheese Fritos, coarsely crushed

Mix first 5 ingredients and chill. Stir in Fritos just before serving.



0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved