Friday, October 14, 2011

Welcome to the Weekend!

Well everyone! This week has flown by but I'm not complaining. Nor am I complaining that Greg and I have NOTHING to do but sit around, watch college football, and get some housework done. We've even made some plans to cook out tomorrow and enjoy this nice cool Houston weather. Woo hoo! Considering this is one of our last free weekends until Christmas, I will be soaking it up. So, I will leave you all with a recipe that we tried out last night. I found it on Pinterest and it is one of the easiest, yummiest, versions of Baked Potato Soup that I have ever had. Greg's already requested it be thrown into our rotation :-)


1-30oz bag of shredded hash brown potatoes
3-14oz. cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/2cup diced onion
1/4t. ground pepper
1 pkg cream cheese (don't use fat free because it doesn't melt)

In the crockpot, combine every ingredient EXCEPT the cream cheese. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. An hour before serving, add the cream cheese, let it melt and stir. Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and chives. Yummy!!

Happy Weekend, Y'all!!


2 comments:

The Bases said...

That looks great! I had a potato soup at lunch yesterday that was awesome. I will have to try this!

Steve-n-Angela said...

saw the same one on someone eles's blog... I was wondering if it was really any good... might just have to try it next week!!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved