Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas back Home


After a fun few days in Temple, Greg and I packed up the dogs and all of our new goodies and headed back home.  We made it home with just enough time to unload the car and get dressed for dinner and church.  By this time, it was raining cats and dogs outside, but we braved it to meet up with my family.

Dinner with the nieces, Kate & Claire

 After church, Greg and I went over to our neighbors', Jodi & Alan, for a Christmas Eve open house.  We were exhausted after a long day of traveling and celebrating, so we didn't get to stay long.  Plus, we had to get in bed before Santa Claus came!  But it was so nice to wish our neighbors a Merry Christmas and enjoy their company for a little bit!

Sunday morning, I got up and made some homemade cinnamon rolls that I had seen on Pinterest.  They didn't turn out nearly as pretty as the online picture, but they tasted delicious!  They were pretty complicated to make, so I'm not sure I'll be attempting them again any time soon.

The cinnamon rolls
When Greg got up, we exchanged our gifts to each other before getting dressed to head out for lunch at my Mom & Dad's.  I have to say that he listens so well when it comes to gifts!  Everything I got was exactly what I wanted.  I plan on doing another blog on our Christmas loot, so for now, you just get my no-makeup gift opening pictures :-)


Then we got dressed and went to have lunch and exchange gifts with my family.  My Mom had done a beautiful job decorating and making the table festive for lunch.
Our stockings are rapidly increasing

Me & my new cutting board

Miss Claire got a guitar...now she thinks she's Taylor Swift! :-)
Cutie Kate opening gifts
Claire's new sparkly Toms
It doesn't get much more precious than this!!

Working on some acrobatics with Uncle Greg

The Kids Table

And Jill got some Toms to match the girls!

Mom's new Ipad



And Greg's new mini fridge (picture) to keep under his desk

Look who got the Taylor Swift Concert DVD

Cheese!!


What a fun day of eating, exchanging gifts and celebrating the season with my family!  They are all a blessing to us!


xoxo,

0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved