Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Challenge- Day 4

Today Neely & Ambers Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge is about Favorite Holiday Movies!

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge



I love Christmas movies! There are so many great ones out there, it's really hard to pick just one. But I guess I would have to say my all-time favorite "classic" is Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.
Between Clark's antics trying to get the lights up, to Crazy Uncle Eddie emptying his septic tank, you can't get many more laughs that that. I think we all have a little Griswold in our families when it comes to Christmas celebrations, so why not laugh at it!? But I would have to say that my favorite character is Aunt Bethany. Below is a clip of her saying "Grace" around the dinner table. Hysterical!




Another true classic is A Christmas Story. Poor Ralphie and everything he goes through. I mean, "You're gonna shoot your eye out!". I can't wait to introduce my kids to this one! I can remember my sister and me always reinacting the Chinese restaurant scene. See for yourself! :-)




And finally, as a kid, we always loved watching The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. If you're not familiar with this movie, it actually was adapted from a book. We did the play version at our church when I was about 5. Ever since then, I always wanted to watch it around the holidays. I played Gladys (the best part in my opinion) and had the best scene in the play. Here's the movie version of the scene.



What great memories! I hope you get to enjoy a few Christmas movies this year!

xoxo,

0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved