Friday, December 9, 2011

Flashback Friday!! Christmas in NYC

Well, I figured in the spirit of Christmas, I would flash back to one of my favorite holiday memories.  About 5 years ago, before I met the Mr., my family decided to take a trip to New York City to celebrate Christmas.  It was quite a bittersweet experience because it was literally the first time I did not wake up on Christmas morning at my parents' house.  I guess we can say it was getting me ready for being a grown up :-)  We met my Uncle Howard from Georgia there and we all had such a great time exploring the city and seeing the sights. 

We saw Time Square and had breakfast at one of my favorite spots, the Stardust Diner.  If you have never been there, it's worth the experience!  I happened upon it on my first trip to NYC and had to go back.  Not only can you get a tasty breakfast, but the waitstaff are up and coming Broadway stars that sing throughout your meal.  And we all know I'm a sucker for a showtune!!



We also got to go to Radio City Music Hall for the Rockette Christmas Spectacular.  I have always wanted to be a Rockette as a child, so this was a dream come true. 



If you have never seen the Rockfeller Center Christmas tree, it is worth the trip!  It's just so famous and every bit as beautiful as you imagine!


One of the days in NYC, after a great breakfast at Sarabeth, we spent the day doing a private tour of the city.  This was great because we could hit up the sites we were interested in and skip the others.  I highly recommend this to anyone going to visit!


And we got to ice skate in Bryant Park!!  Can't get much more "Christmas" than this!  We also caught the Broadway musical, "Sweet Charity", which just happened to star Christina Applegate.  It was a great show and an even better experience!


And we even got to go to Christmas Eve church service in the City!  Sometimes you just can't break tradition...


What a fun trip and a great Christmas memory!  



 
xoxo,

2 comments:

The Bases said...

That looks like such a fun trip! I will have to remember those diners! I had never thought of a private tour, but that sounds like a great idea!

Lindsay said...

I love Christmas in NYC! It's the best time of the year to go, in my opinion. It's just so festive and beautiful!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved