Monday, December 12, 2011

The Leibster Blog Award


Last week, I was surprised and so happy to find out I received my first Blog award! I figured this was nowhere near in my blogging future.  Well, Emily at Bases Loaded thinks enough of my little blog to give me the Liebster Blog Award!  Emily and I know each other in real life.  She is the sister-in-law of my college roommate, Megan.  Emily used to come to College Station to visit her brother and hang out with us.  We've reconnected as "big kids" through our blogs.  Emily and her husband live in Dallas with their precious pup, Ollie.  Thank you so much, Emily, for the kind honor!  Now, go on over and check out her great blog!!

So here is what the Liebster Blog is all about:

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming
bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Liebster is a German word meaning 'dear, sweet, kind, nice, good,
beloved, lovely, kindly, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome'.

To keep this award going (by passing along to other new deserving blogs),
the recipient must now recognize five other bloggers with less than 200 followers
that have really stood out in the crowd.

The rules for the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to their blog.
2. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know!
3. Copy and paste the award on your blog post.
4. Have faith that your followers will spread the love too! 

So, here are my choices to receive this award...

1. Our Lovely Life
Lindsay is my was my first "non-real life" blog friend.  She actually found my blog through a link up on Kelly's Corner, and commented on my post.  Ever since, I have been keeping up with her blog.  She & I are both from the same city and seem to have way more in common than our first names.  We're both semi-newlyweds (your considered that until you have kids, right :)?), love our doggies and love blogging!  Lindsay is also in a Houston Bloggers group that I am so tempted to join.  They look like they have so much fun!

I actually found Britney's blog through Lindsay's (see above).  Although we don't know each other, we both live in the same city and are both Aggie fans.  That's reason enough to follow :)  She & her husband are the cutest couple and I love seeing all the fun stuff they do.

I actually know Michelle in real life.  Our hubbies were fraternity brothers back in the day, and we're fellow Aggies (Gig'em!). She's a great mommy blogger and I love seeing her update on her little boy and their family.
Kelly & I have been great friends for about the last 17 years.  She has a brand new baby girl and I love reading her posts about her family, decor, entertaining, and more!  Kelly also loves taking pictures so you can always count on some great shots on her blog.

5. The Jesulaitis Journal
Angela is a sweet friend of mine from high school.  She and her husband live in the Dallas area with their 2 year old son.  And they are anxiously awaiting the birth of their daughter.  I love keeping up with Angela onher blog since I don't get to see her that often.





xoxo,

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thank you Lindsey! You are so sweet! I love reading your blog too. It's definitely one of my daily reads. You need to join our Houston blogger group for sure! Everyone is so great!

Lindsey and Greg said...

You beat me to it, Lindsay! I was going to send you a message about this :-). I love your blog so keep'em coming!

The Bases said...

Yay! Isn't blogging fun? I gotta check these blogs out! :)


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved