Monday, January 2, 2012

Welcome 2012!!


Happy New Year, again!  Well, I've had my black eyed peas and cabbage and am ready to take 2012 head on!  Greg and I enjoyed a great New Years Eve with some of our friends and neighbors on Saturday night.  I've also put a little thought into some resolutions for 2012, but more on those in a minute.

On Saturday night, a few of our friends came over to enjoy some appetizers and cocktails.  We then ventured out into our cul-de-sac to pop some fireworks and celebrate with our amazing neighbors.  New Years Eve used to be one of my least favorite days, but since we married, it has become one of my favorites.  Two years ago, we moved into our home on new years eve and had a very small celebration with my brother-in-law, Geoff, and his girlfriend, Laura.  Last year, we started our night with a small get-together with our friends at the house, and then we went outside and actually met all of our neighbors for the first time.  I can honestly say that it was the beginning of a beautiful relationship with them and the "birth" of the "cool-de-sac" (goofy name, but so true :-)  This year, we had some Houston weather at its finest...muggy and not cold at all!  Ugh, excuse the hair in these pics!
Me & Greg ringing in the New Year
The showgirls, I mean, ladies ;-)
Kristina, Meredith, Me, Laura & Mallory
Me & Katie

The whole crew

Happy New Year
As for resolutions, I'm can't say I'm good at sticking with them.  But it doesn't keep me from setting a few.  First, of course, I want to try to strive to have a healthy lifestyle.  I really would like to continue to cook healthy and eat out less; and of course, make it to the gym more.

Also, this year, I really want to purge our house of some un-needed items.  There is so much that Greg & I brought into the marriage that we have not used during the entire 2 years.  Most of it is in good shape and could be used by someone in need.  Starting tomorrow, I plan to clean out closets to make room for other new items in our lives.  

Finally, I am resolving to become a better blogger.  I absolutely love doing it and love the blogger friends that I have made on here.  I promise to work on a new, improved more permanent blog layout.  Hopefully I will have it up and running soon!

So, I know these aren't much, but since I'm not the best at resolutions, I figured I'd better start small.  May you all have a blessed year!  Greg & I have a couple exciting things coming up including our second anniversary.  I promise to post about these fun changes very soon! 



xoxo,

1 comments:

The Bases said...

Happy New Year!! We had black eye peas and cabbage too! :)


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved