Saturday, February 11, 2012

Believe...Because it Works

Courtesy of www.a-personaldietitian.com/

Ugh...I dread this topic, but no better place to talk about it and keep me accountable than this blog.  I can never say I've been "fat" per se, but I have had to "watch it" for as long as I can remember.  And unfortunately, since Greg & I met, I've gotten "comfortable" to say the least.  Gone are the days of prancing around in a bikini without a care in the world.  Gone are the days of only having to worry about myself, spending hours at the gym and eating a quick bowl of cereal for dinner.  Now, I have a husband who I cannot wait to get home from the office to cook for and spend time with.  The last thing I want to do after an hour commute is get on a treadmill.

Flash forward 3 years to today.  I'm 10 pounds heavier than when we met and we are having serious discussions about starting our family.  So, what better time to get my weight under control and my dietary habits in check than before there's a bun in the oven.  So, since last Monday, I have officially joined Weight Watchers for the zillionth time.  I've done their program before, and IT WORKS!  The first time I did WW was back in college when I was doing my intership in Houston.  My Mom and I joined together to get those pesky few pounds off that had crept up over the past couple of years.  We were both so successful, and I was the smallest I had ever been in my adult life.  Now, I know I'll probably never meet that original goal, 'cause let's face it...this 30 year old body is just not the same as it was 10 years ago.  But I know that if I can stick to the plan and track what I eat, then I can drop 10 pounds and enjoy that whole other wardrobe in the back of my closet. 

I don't intend on this becoming a dieting blog, but I would like for it to be a periodic outlet that will hopefully keep me accountable.  I do hope to post some good healthy recipes that I find along the way, and maybe celebrate some milestones and successes with you guys.  So, I hope you don't mind helping me out in this (hopefully quick) little journey I've begun.  Feel free to drop me a line of encouragement or give me a swift kick in the rear when I get lazy :-)  So here's to a new, healthier lifestyle!!

3 comments:

Steve-n-Angela said...

I am thinking about joining after Paige is here and we are settled in....and it's safe for me to diet...we can be accountable together!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Sounds like a great plan! We are doing the same things, getting our bodies together before life with a baby. I can't wait to hear of your diet tales!

Kristy Goldman said...

Sounds good to me - I could use some new healthy recipes - so post away!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved