Monday, February 20, 2012

I Love a Rainy Night

Happy Monday peeps (psst...Monday of my birthday week may I add)!  Greg and I had a great weekend around the house.  Mother Nature decided to give Houston a massive downpour on Friday, just in time for me to commute home from work.  So, after a 2 hour drive, I was so happy to come home to Greg cleaning the house and cooking dinner (what a gem he can be!).  While we ate, he decided that we should paint the insets in our sheetrock a contrasting color.  Note:  I have wanted to do this since we moved in, but we just haven't gotten around to it.  So, luckily, this rainy Friday night was the perfect night for a little home improvement.  Luckily, we had the paint from our dining room project that is yet to be complete.  I cranked up Pandora on the tv (DirectTV's saving grace in my opinion) and we got to painting.  

The hubs getting started

Mr. Vegas getting in on the action
My artwork!!

One view of the finished product

The other half of our project


I love how it turned out and Greg did such a good job with all the details.  There's still a few accents walls that I would like to do, but I think we might just have to bring in the professionals for that one!

Another quick side note...  last weekend, Greg & I attended a Valentines Charity dinner party for a local family in need.  It was a great event and we really enjoyed it!  We are both suckers for a silent auction (I guess we both have a competitive streak).  My item of choice for the evening was a beautiful pot rack.  I have wanted a pot rack for a while now and what better way to buy one than when the proceeds go to a good cause.  Well, I won it and Greg and our wonderful neighbor, Alan, installed it this past weekend.  Isn't it beautiful??  I love it and think it really adds something to the kitchen!

And look!  Dinner's already started!

2 comments:

southerninspiration said...

It all looks fantastic!!! Do you mind if I share some of the pics on my Willow House Business page?
Suzanne
Namely. the mantle one, with all the great WH product!!! ;D

Anonymous said...

Great job Lindsey & Greg. I love your pot rack!!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved