Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Oh How Pinteresting


It's that time again...I'm linking up with Michelle at The Vintage Apple for "Oh How Pinteresting!".  But you're in for a surprise today!  Instead of sharing some of my favorite Pins of late, I'm going to share some of my successful Pinterest projects.  I have got to be honest...I've kind of been a little obsessed lately.  And I feel like the sales people at Michaels & Hobby Lobby know me by name.  

This was my very first Pinterest project.  I am such a planner when it comes to cooking for the week.  Every weekend, I sit down, plan out our meals, make my grocery list and knock out the shopping.  Well, my menu for the week usually ends up on the back of an envelope in the bottom of my purse.  And half the time, I'd forget what we were even having.  Sooo...I saw this brilliant idea on Pinterest and knew it would be the perfect addition to our kitchen.


This project filled this blank spot on our hallway wall perfectly!  I found the decal on Etsy and transferred it directly to the glass on an Aarons Brothers frame. 



I keep all my costume jewelry in a hanging organizer in my closet.  But I have some "everyday" earrings and delicate necklaces that really can't be stuffed into a little plastic pocket.  They would all end up laying on my dressing table and eventually covered in a nice thin layer of hairspray.  So, when I saw this on Pinterest, I thought it would be the perfect solution to my problem.  And when Jessica at Love from Texas did a tutorial on how to make one, I had no more excuses.  I even made one for my friend, Liz, for her birthday!



I love cooking with fresh herbs, but I hate buying them at the grocery store.  I don't use the whole package, forget about it in the crisper, and end up finding a bag of black mush a month or so later...YUCK!  So, this little Pinterest project was the answer to my mini-gardening prayers.  I stacked three galvanized buckets and planted some of my favorite and most used herbs.  I also threw in a strawberry plant for good measure :)  The Pinterest example didn't have the markers, but I thought adding the chalkboard-looking stakes added to the cuteness!


Finally, this project was an afterthought.  I just thought this little vase to hold make up brushes was cute and a great way to keep the brushes clean, and alleviate some of the make-up drawer clutter.  




So, I hope you enjoyed my projects!  I sure had fun making them and am having fun using all of them!  I know it won't be the last of my projects.  I just hope Greg doesn't get too annoyed with me getting him to cut boards, drill holes, etc, etc.  Who knew he'd be such a key part of my Pinterest life!!




5 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Oh I love that menu planner and the jewelry holder! I've got to make these!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I love the jewelry holder - I desperately need to find something for all my earrings! Thanks for the idea!

Steve-n-Angela said...

Going to make a couple of these over the next coupe weeks! Thanks for the inspiration!! I think I actually have some of them pinned too!

Lindsay said...

You're so brave to take on those Pinterest projects! I've been wanting to do the weekly meal board. I did do the makeup brushes thing (because it was so easy!).

Kristy Goldman said...

Cute jewelry holder - I'm in the market for one myself and have been perusing Pinterest for just such an idea. I saw a towel rack with shower curtain hoods for necklaces but I think I like yours better. :)


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved