Monday, March 19, 2012

My Productive Bachelorette Weekend

This past weekend, Greg was off fishing for his high school buddy's bachelor party.  So, I took advantage of having no distractions to get some much needed cleaning and organizing done.  I even took a "personal day" from work on Friday to get a jump start on my projects.  

Friday, I spent most of the day running errands with my mom while my car was getting serviced.  It was so great to spend the day hanging with Mom since we don't get to do that very often.  Thanks Mom for being my chauffeur all weekend :-)  When I got home, the deep spring cleaning began! Oh, how therapeutic it can be!  Saturday morning, I got my grocery shopping done with Mom since my car was still being worked on. and finished up my cleaning along with fitting in a nice lunch with my adorable nieces :)  That evening, I got to watch two movies (Footloose & The Descendants), which I never get to do.  I also decided to work on a spring wreath and spruce up the house with some springtime/ Easter decor.  I think now that this is done, I am going to make it interchangeable for different seasons.  The burlap is so versatile!



Sunday morning, I got up and started a MAJOR closet overhaul.  I try to weed through my clothes about twice a year and donate to charity.  This time, along with cleaning it out, I also tackled a project that I have been wanting to do for years...putting photos on my shoe boxes.  I love the way it looks and it really helps me remember what shoes I have.

My BIG box of clothes to donate

Miss Priss watching me take pictures of shoes

Closet organization...FINALLY



Greg got home early afternoon with a cooler full of fish.  So, he decided he would fry us up some yummy dinner.  I made a couple sides...red-skinned mashed potatoes and jalapeno cream corn (via Pinterest).  Nothing about this mean was healthy, but it was oh-so tasty and comforting.  I loved enjoying it with my sweets after missing him all weekend!


Although I missed Greg like crazy, I know he needed a weekend away with the guys, and I made the best of my weekend with the pups!

5 comments:

The Townsend's said...

I have been taking pics of my shoes and had them on my shoe boxes FOREVER and everyone makes fun of me!! If they actually did it they'd realize how AWESOME it is! My shoes stay in great shape and I can easily see which ones to grab. :) Do you remember that from our roomie days?

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Wow that was a seriously productive weekend! And your closet?!?! Seriously impressive! Will you be able to come to the blogger event on Sunday?

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I'm reading the descendants book right now so I've been avoiding the commercials on tv!! I like to use my imagination before knowing what the characters look like even though I already know about George Clooney :(

The Bases said...

Sounds like a VERY productive weekend! I need one of those!

Jes said...

awww im loving miss priss and her love of the camera. my sharks does that too.
xx jes, www.twosmuppies.com


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved