Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday Check-in

Sorry I've been a little MIA in the blogging world.  Not much going on here, so I guess I have no excuse (or nothing to blog about...haha).  Just a couple updates on what's been going on in my life.  Nothing too exciting but I do have some recipes to share!

via androidzoom.com
This past week, I started the Couch to 5K training program.  I don't really have a 5K picked out to run, so I'm really just doing this to help increase my running stamina.  So far, it's been great!  I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the nice spring weather and the daylight savings time hours.  I'm still doing the Jillian Michaels Shred, but the running helps break up the monotony of it all.  I've done at Couch to 5K before, but this time, I got smart and downloaded an Iphone app to track my intervals.  I just crank up my Rhianna station no Pandora and start running.  No thinking needed!

This past weekend, Greg & I headed to Temple to help his parents move.  We are so excited for them because they sold their house and have started to build their dream home!  Right now, they're renting until the house is ready.  I cannot wait to see the finished product!  

Finally, last night I tried a couple new Pinterest recipes and they were by far two of my favorites!  The first was the Pinterest proclaimed "Best Pork Chops You'll Ever Taste".  They were very easy and super tasty!  Loved the kick of ranch dressing!  Side note:  The amount of breading could probably be halved to cover 4-6 pork chops.  I ended up wasting a lot of bread crumbs.  Also, mine did not turn out nearly as pretty as the picture, but I'm positive they tasted just as well!

via Pinterest via http://crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com

As I side, I made twice baked red potatoes!  These were absolutely divine!!  Instead of baking the potatoes in the oven, I cut the first step in half by using the microwave.  The feta cheese really added something and made these a yummy and unique side dish.  I WILL be making these again soon!


via Pinterest via www.fresh365online.com

This week is projected to be super busy, but I'm looking forward to taking Friday off for some "me" time.  Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week!

1 comments:

Steve-n-Angela said...

Glad u shared those recipes! They are both on my menu for next week! I too am going to do the c5k and the shred when my doc says its ok to run work out again, two more weeks! I was going to do WW but I can count my calories on my own and run!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved