Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Hill Country Wedding

This past weekend, Greg and I made another out of town trip to see our friends, James & Kendra, get married!!  Yes, I know, we should own stock in Bed, Bath & Beyond based on all the weddings we go to.  But, you know what...I'm not complaining...I'm a sucker for a beautiful wedding!

James was Greg's big brother in Sig Ep and they have always kept contact over the time and the miles.  He was a groomsman in our wedding two years ago, and Greg was honored to stand next to him this weekend.  James and Kendra now live in San Antonio and married there on a gorgeous golf course.  The wedding ceremony was set in front of a beautiful waterfall.  I made sure Greg & I got a picture in front of it...made me excited about Hawaii!  Please forgive my Iphone pictures.  I managed to walk off without our camera that weekend.  Shame on me, considering I just took a photography class on Thursday!!


Kendra was such a gorgeous bride!  


I met a new friend at this weekend.  Kate was a college/ first job friend of James' and she and her hubby traveled all the way from New York City for the festivities!  She was the reader in the wedding and is SUCH a sweet girl!  I loved hanging with her this weekend!!


Kendra & James had the cutest whimsical wedding cake!  She is a dog-lover, hence the Lady & the Tramp topper.  This cake is going to be featured in a bridal magazine soon.  Too cool!


Greg also got to see some of his other fraternity brother over the weekend.  I know he enjoyed catching up with everyone!


Finally, they had a photo booth at the reception which was so fun!  Greg and I enjoyed being silly of course...who knew I was married to Elton John??!!



It was such a great weekend in the Texas hill country and we loved visiting with everyone!  James & Kendra, thank you for including us in your day and we hope you are having a blast in St. Lucia!!  


1 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

The photo booth is such a fun addition to the wedding! Y'all are such a cute couple :-)


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved