Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Wow!  What a busy weekend!  Greg & I hit the ground running after work on Friday with dinner with the whole family at my parents house.  

On Saturday, we started off by going to Greg's friend, Robert's, 30th birthday party.  Of course, I neglected to get any pictures, but it was a fun party!  His wife did a great job planning the perfect "luau" at a Midtown bar.  Unfortunately, we could not stay long, but we had other events on the agenda.   Our niece, Kate, had her 3rd birthday party!  It's so hard to believe she's already turning 3!  Seems like yesterday that she was born and now she is really growing up to be such a fun little lady!  Lucky girl is going to spend her actual birthday in Hawaii this week!

Me & Greg with the Birthday Girl







Sisters!! 

I love this picture of Claire and Kate!  I think I caught them having a special little "sisters" moment.  I know those two will treasure their relationship for years to come! 


On Sunday, our older niece, Claire had her dance recital.  She performed the perfect patriotic tap dance to "God Bless America".  What a great way to celebrate Memorial Day!  Claire has really improved over her years as a little dancer, and I just love to see the sparkle in her eyes when she is in her element!

Little Miss America

Me & My girl, Claire





Later that night, we rounded out the weekend activities with a somewhat impromptu block party to celebrate Memorial Day.  Greg fried up some wonderful fish, shrimp & hush puppies!  Not on the diet, but oh-so-good!!


As usual, we loved hanging with our neighbors and celebrating!  Monday was basically a recovery day...nothing planned but cleaning the house and running a few errands.  But more importantly, Greg & I made sure to reflect on the true meaning of Memorial Day and remembering the men and women who so selflessly gave their lives so that we can live in freedom.

1 comments:

michelle ellis said...

What a fun weekend! I cannot believe that Kate is 3!!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved