Monday, June 25, 2012

Fathers Day Weekend

Better late than never... Last weekend was a busy weekend with the family.  First, we all got together at my sister's house on Saturday to celebrate Father's Day.  We had a yummy fajita lunch and showered my Dad with fun gifts.  He just recently bought a new boat, so most of his gifts were things he could use on his new "toy" :-)



My Dad with his girls

Dad/ Granddad with ALL his girls

After lunch, we all, with the exception of my parents, headed to the Woodlands Pavilion for the "A Day in the Country" music festival.  The headliners were Ronnie Dunn & Dierks Bentley, but we wanted to see Wade Bowen the most!  For those of you who don't know my nieces, Kate & Claire, they are huge music fans!  Those two will dance and sing to whatever comes on the radio, so this opportunity was right up their alley!

Here's proof that Miss Kate is a little ham.  I'm not even sure what she was doing in the first three other than being silly.  In the last picture, she was pouting because she realized we were NOT at a Justin Bieber concert.  But luckily, she got over that fast and enjoyed the rest of the day.  It was a hot one for all of us!  A little rain storm crept up on us which ended up being a blessing in disguise.  They let us all move underneath the covered pavilion part and the quick rain ended up cooling off the weather a ton!  We had such a fun time listening to some great music and watching the little girls dance!



Me & My sister, Jill, with her girls

Love my Claire!

Enjoying the view from Uncle Greg's shoulders


Okay, so I have to brag on my hubby for a minute.  He is such a great uncle to Kate & Claire!  He would do anything for these girls...like letting them sit on his shoulders in 100 degree heat, swing them around until he's about to puke from dizziness, or dance with them in a public place!  Greg is not a dancer, per se.  I mean, I can drag him out on the dance floor after a couple beers, but he's not one to initiate a jig at a moments notice.  But here he is spinning Claire around as we left the Pavilion on Saturday night.  I love seeing him have fun with the girls.  It just reminds me about what a great father he will be one day :-)


2 comments:

Kristy Goldman said...

Fun day! And what a great uncle he is :)

I love Claire's dress too - where did your sister find that!?

michelle ellis said...

This post made me smile! What a fun weekend!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved