Monday, June 4, 2012

Yes, I am a Pirate...200 Years too Late

Happy Monday everyone!  This is my first 5 day week in a month, so I'm hoping I can muscle through it.  Not looking forward to it!  Anyways, this weekend was wonderful!  As you those of you who have followed for a while, you know that the Jimmy Buffett concert is always my husband's family's annual "thing".  You can read about previous concerts here and here.  Anyways, usually we travel up to the Dallas area to attend, but this year, since he was playing on a Saturday here in Houston, we opted for that concert.  And let me tell you, it's a tailgating extravaganza!  The people watching is amazing!  I wish I took more pictures this year of the Parrotheads.  We saw a dummy captain smoking a cigar, a "Jimmy for President" petition, plenty of bikinis on all different body types (yikes!), a man making out with a shark, lots of pirates, and a man riding a flamingo (don't ask!).

Our day started off about 10am with staking out our parking lot spots and unloading a couple truck-loads of "Parrothead Gear".  We had our "camp site" set up by about 11am and the grillin' and chillin' began! 


Our set-up
Me & Greg "wastin' away again in Margaritaville"

The best part of the day was getting to hang out with numerous friends and family members! I even got to see some of my best girl friends.  Amber was there with her family, Liz came with her hubby to hang out with us, and Merin & her husband came to their first Buffett concert with friends (I wish I got a picture with you, Merin!).





Amber, me & Liz


Greg with his mom and brother, Geoff
Me with my Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-Law

I will say that I think it was the hottest I have ever been in my life!  The 95 degree Houston heat and high humidity could have made the day bad, but the funnesss overpowered! 
Lots of Friends!!

So, when it was time for the concert, we changed clothes (yes, this isn't our first rodeo...we learned to bring extra clothes) and headed over to the Pavillion.  We had seats on the hill and as soon as we got to the gate, it was evident that the sold out crowd was legit!  We were stuck at the very top of the hill!  So, even though we could barely see Mr. Buffett, we danced, sang and had a great time!


Me & my sweets waiting for the concert to start

 
Geoff & Laura

Fins to the left, fins to the right!

 So, overall we had a great day!  I love our little tradition and look forward to many more afternoons in Margaritaville to come!! 







0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved