Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yummy in my Tummy Tuesday- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

Sunday evening, I made a recipe that I had "Pinned" a while back.  Greg & I loved it so much that we ate it again for dinner last night and I plan on bringing some to work for lunches this week.  So, something that good has to be shared on the blog.

I've always been a big fan of Chicken Cordon Bleu!  I can remember Mom buying them from the Schwans man when I was little and we used to eat it all the time at the Faculty Club where I worked in college.  I've attempted to make the real deal a few times in my adult life, but pounding out and stuffing chicken without everything oozing out during the cooking process is not my thing.  So when this recipe appeared on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it!  And it was sooooo easy!!  The hardest parts was boiling and chopping up the chicken (and that could be replaced with a trusty dusty rotisserie chicken).  And it tastes exactly like the real thing!  So, here's the recipe!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!  (P.S. almost all the ingredients can be sustituted for "healthy" alternatives except the swiss cheese.  I still can't find low fat swiss cheese anywhere)

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

via


2 chicken breasts (approximately 3 cups)
2 cups cooked rice
6 slices swiss cheese
10 slices of thick cut ham (I used less than 10 slices and it was plenty)
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
10-20 saltine crackers
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. garlic salt
1/2 t. parsley

Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray
Boil 2 chicken breast and dice them up into bite sized pieces (approx. 3 cups)
Spread cooked rice on bottom of baking dish
Arrange chicken on top of the rice
Layer swiss cheese over the chicken
Layer diced ham on top of cheese
Mix together soup, milk & sour cream in a small bowl
Spread mixture on top of the ham
Crush saltines and mix with the spices
Top soup mixture with saltines
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees

1 comments:

michelle ellis said...

That sounds so good! I am going to try it! Thank you for sharing :)


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved