Friday, July 6, 2012

The End of an Era

Lately, there have been some major changes going on in my life.  The biggest being that yesterday was my last day at my job of 7 years.  Yes, 7 years of my 8 1/2 year professional career!  LAN has been my life for the majority of my post-college life.  And now, that life is changing...a surreal feeling!  Knowing that when I wake up on Monday, my car will not drive to West Houston, I will not see the smiling faces of my fun co-workers, and I won't be driving a 1+ hour commute both ways.

The reason behind the move...future family.  Greg and I have done a lot of soul searching lately and decided that as we pray that our family grows soon, we knew that we needed to make some lifestyle changes to accommodate that.  Since my commute was much longer (and much more expensive), it only made sense that I explored other options (and I think the 7 year career itch might have influenced me too).  When a friend of mine approached me with an opportunity in the construction world, I knew it was worth exploring.  I have not actively been using my Construction Science degree, but have longed to get back into the field for some time.  The opportunity seemed meant to be!

I cannot express how much I am going to miss my "family" at LAN and I was quickly reminded of this on Thursday.  My girlfriends there showered me with going-away gifts and my sweet co-workers sent me off with a wonderful reception (including ice cream cake!).  I have been blessed at LAN with the most understanding and compassionate boss (and mentor) and the best co-workers!  They 
are all sure to be missed, but I'm looking forward to a lot of lunch dates with them in the future.

So, Monday begins a new chapter in my life, and I could not be more excited!  My sweet husband treated me to a mini-shopping spree to find me some new clothes for my "first day of school".  I'm looking forward to meeting my new work family and learning the ropes at the new gig.  So, say a little prayer for me on Monday that all goes well, and I promise to update you all on how it goes.

3 comments:

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

This is awesome Lindsey! What a great look into a new and exciting chapter! Good luck on Monday; can't wait to hear all about it!

Steve-n-Angela said...

Good luck on Monday, can't wait to hear about it! I am glad this worked out for you!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! Good luck tomorrow! New beginings are scary, but worth it.


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved