Monday, July 9, 2012

Fourth of July Recap

First off, I wanted to thank you all for the kind well wishes on the new job. Today went great!  I think I'm really going to love the people I work with!  The staff is really young and energetic.  I just can't wait to get trained so I can jump right in!

Back to the topic at hand...Last Wednesday, we enjoyed a beautiful morning on Lake Conroe with my family.  Long story short...2 years ago, my Dad won a bass boat.  After 2 years and about a total of 3 times on the water (he's really the only avid fisherman in the family), he sold it and bought a a deck boat that can be used for both fishing and "fun stuff".  The weather was great (we beat the heat and the 4th of July crowd) and we broke the boat in nicely!  After the lake, we stopped off for lunch and to celebrate my Mom's birthday (which was Monday).  

When we got home, Greg & I got a chance to hang out with our neighbors by the pool and grill.  It ended up being an early night for all of us since we all had to be back at work the next day.  But all in all, we had a great relaxing day celebrating our wonderful Country!

Little Miss Americas

Our Captain in action


Soakin' in some rays

Jill & he girls tubing
Put an offer in on this little gem (haha!)

Greg getting his knee boarding on


By the end of the day, some little ones were too pooped to pop!

1 comments:

bailey k. said...

I love Lake Conroe!! Looks like y'all had fun!

I'm starting a new link party on my blog exclusively for traveling and experiencing different places (even in your home town). I'd love it if you'd hop on over and link this post or any other recent travel post up. Thanks so much!

http://www.letbirdzfly.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-places-youll-go-travel-link-party.html


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved