Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Good Times, Good Friends & Good Wine

Well, for me you can leave out the wine part :-)

This past weekend, we headed to Texas Wine Country in Fredricksburg to celebrate Kristina's last "fling" as a single gal.  For those of you who do not know, Kristina is marrying Greg's best friend, Terrence, in just a few weeks.  Greg is excited to be the best man in their wedding and I can't wait for Kris to be married into our little group!

Kristina's bachelorette weekend was planned by her fabulous Matron-of-Honor, Meredith, whom you may remember from her gorgeous wedding just a few months back.  Meredith did a great job organizing it all!  The house she found was perfect!!  It was so cute with a huge back porch and a wonderful covered outdoor kitchen area where we spent lots of our time.

Wasn't this little sign at the house so cute??


Friday night we hung out and visited until pretty late.  Saturday morning, we were up and at 'em early to get on the road for a winery tour.  The party bus picked us up at noon and the party was in full effect!  

The beautiful Bachelorette



The girls ready to party
 
We visited the Torre di Pietra Vineyard first where all the girls enjoyed a wine tasting.  I have to say that this was the first time so far during my pregnancy that I have been jealous of the "party".  I am such a wine lover and have actually never visited a winery, so to watch a tasting from the sidelines was quite a challenge, but so worth it for my little Coconut!  Luckily, I had two other pregnant friends to keep me sober company ;-)

Ashleigh, Jamie & me "chaperoning" the ladies
Next, we made a stop by Becker Vineyards for another tasting.  They had a fun little gift shop where I scooped up on lavender bath products (Becker also grows lavender along with grapes).  

Me & my future sis-in-law, Laura
Michelle & Britney
Me & The Future Mrs. Thames


Overall, the weekend was a wonderful trip to the hill country!  Now we can look forward to the wedding in just a few weeks!  I can't wait!!  Tomorrow, the guys leave for Vegas for Terrence's bachelor party, so let's say a little collective prayer that they don't party too hard and come back with all their money! 

0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved