Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day on LBJ

Hey Everyone!  Sorry for the delayed Labor Day post.  I meant to do it this week, but of course, life got in the way.  Then this weekend has been chalk-full of birthday celebrations (more to come on that later).  

Anyways, last weekend, my whole family headed to Kingsland, TX (outside of Marble Falls) to Lake LBJ for some fun family time on my Dad's boat.  The house my sister, Jill, found was just precious! I hate that I didn't get more pictures of the inside, but check out this link to Turtle Rock Lakehouse to see it in all of its cuteness!  The owner is apparently an interior decorator and her shabby chic touch really shows!  I need to get her to come to my house ;-)




The weekend was full of lots of relaxing & fishing (both of the nieces caught their first fish).


And lots of lake time!

Granna & Claire enjoying the wind at their faces

Me & Greg
Little Miss Kate getting swallowed by her life vest


Me & Jill...fun in the sun!

Most everyone, with the exception of pregnant ole me, enjoyed some water sports.  Claire and Kate always enjoy tubing, and Greg & Jill both tried their hand at knee boarding.  Greg also brushed up on his water skiing skills and we even got my Dad out there to realize you never forget how to water ski (even 30+ years later!).  I have to say, I was quite impressed with Dad!  Pretty good skier for a Granddad!


Back at the house, we quickly met the neighbor's dog, Buddy.  He was such a sweet dog and reminded me a lot of Miss Prissy!  Claire was in love with him and it was apparent that Buddy knew when to sense a meal going on in our house.  He had quite the timing!



If you have not been to Lake LBJ, I highly recommend it!  The lake is beautiful, and there is some amazing real estate on the water!  I could have easily picked my dream home, checkbook permitting, of course!

Gorgeous homes on the lake...its hard to tell from the action photo, but the house on the bottom left has a waterslide  going from the top floor patio to the pool out back!


Our last night at the lake, we drove to Llano, TX to try out Cooper's BBQ.  I had heard of Cooper's in the Josh Abbott song, "You Ain't Met my Texas Yet", so I knew it must be good.  And boy was it!  


When you arrive at Cooper's, you choose your meat(s) right off the pit.  Then head inside to pick out your sides.  They had to have had the thickest pork chops I have ever seen in my life!


Finally, we topped off our meal with some yummy cobbler...a Texas dessert tradition for sure!  


Needless to say, we all felt miserably full after enjoying our Cooper's meal, but it was well worth the trip!  

Me & the girls at Cooper's

Everyone enjoyed a much needed relaxation weekend and we can't wait to go out and enjoy Dad's boat again soon!  Maybe next time will be Baby Smith's first time on the lake next summer!!



0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved