Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Just a Friendly Household Competition

This past weekend was busy and fun filled for our family!  We started off on Saturday by going to College Station to see my dear Aggies take on the SHSU Bearkats; the hub's Alma Mater.  Since our schools are not in the same conference, we do not typically play each other.  So when we found out this match up was on the schedule, we made sure to buy tickets way in advance.  Good thing considering a little phenomenon named "Johnny Football" (look him up).

Basically all of Greg's family went to SHSU so I was definitely in the minority in our group, but not in the stadium!  We met up on Northgate for some lunch and Little Rhett made his first (of probably many) trips to the Dixie Chicken...I already say he'll be Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2034!


Me & Greg in our rival colors overlooking campus
Laura & Geoff
My In-Laws, Bob & Cindy
 After lunch, we headed over to campus to check out the new SEC tailgating set up.  And I LOVED it!  If only they tailgated like that when I was in college!  I wanted to go over to the Alumni Center to take my picture with the big Aggie Ring.  The ring is new to campus since I was in school, so I had never had a picture by it before.



We also got to see the Corps of Cadets march into Kyle field before the game.  We even got a glimpse of beautiful Miss Reveille, the first lady of Texas A&M.


And then we finally made it to the game!  It was an absolutely perfect day for a football game...not too hot and not too cold.  I made sure to get a good picture of my latest crush, Kliff Kingsbury, the new offensive coordinator for the Texas A&M football team...swoon!


Although I was outnumbered in the family, my team came out on top with the win.  The Aggies are now 9 and 2, and we are so proud of our winning season as we debuted in the SEC!

Gig 'em!!

0 comments:


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved