Sunday, December 30, 2012

All Things Christmas

Well, as we all enjoy our long weekend and prep for the new year, I am playing catch up around the house and on blogging.  Greg and I had a wonderful Christmas season and hope that you each did too!  I'll be the first to admit that I was terrible with the camera this Christmas.  I guess I'm saving up my photo taking energy for when this baby boy gets here :-)

A couple weeks ago, we had our second annual neighborhood progressive dinner.  I took the camera but was awful about taking pictures.  I did get a great one of some of the gals!  As usual, it was a great time socializing with everyone and seeing all the hosts' holiday decorations!

Triche, Krista, Zema, Jodi, Lisa, Me & Kathryn
This past weekend, Greg & I packed up the car with presents, dogs and our gear (and looked at each other wondering where a car seat would go next year) and headed to Belton to visit my In-Laws.  Sunday we enjoyed visiting with Greg's dad and then spent Monday and Tuesday with his mom and stepdad.  Monday we had a Christmas Eve lunch with Greg's Grandparents and then headed to Christmas Eve service.  As usual, I loved hearing all the Christmas music... Probably my favorite part of the holidays.  

I promise I haven't gained 500 lbs. like this picture depicts
Tuesday morning, we got up and opened presents with the family and then packed up and headed home to have Christmas with my family.

Santa brought Greg some hedge trimmers

When we made it home, we enjoyed a "Cajun Christmas" dinner with my family and opened presents.  It's always fun to watch the nieces open their gifts.  It's always quite chaotic but to see the excitement in their eyes is something else!  I can't wait until next year when there are 3 little ones on Christmas day!



This little girl has her Uncle Greg wrapped around her finger.  And I have to say, he's pretty good to her.  Look at him helping her try on her new shoes.

Kate modeling her new Toms...girl has poses


Claire kept asking for a "Barbie Half Head".  Took us all a while to figure out that she meant one of those Barbies that you can do her hair.  

Claire in her new sleeping bag
And of course, Rhett was not forgotten about this Christmas.  He got plenty of loot from Ci Ci & Grandpa, his Great Grandparents, and from Granna & Grandad!  Grandad made sure he got his first Red Ryder BB Gun!  


On a final note, I wanted to share our annual Christmas card with y'all!  I was so pleased with the outcome, including our maternity pictures.  I promise to share more of the maternity shots very soon.  Thank you Rebecca Read for your creativity on our cards!!



 

We were so blessed to be with our families this Christmas and to have presents under the tree, food on our tables and a warm roof above our heads.  We could not be more thankful for everything!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like a wonderful time!

Happy New Year,


Brooke

Darby Hawley said...

Sounds like a great Christmas for sure!! Next year will be so different, but so much better too :-)

PS Love the Christmas card!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved