Sunday, January 13, 2013

"Almost" Full Term

 
Well, ladies & gents...we've made it to 9 months!  Seems like the fastest 9 months of my life, but I can definitely say I am more than ready to meet my little man.  I cannot believe that in the next 5 weeks, we will have a baby!  This past month has been full of holiday celebrations, baby showers and finishing up all the final baby details.  I'm really looking forward to the slow pace of the next few weeks.  Time to kick up my feet and wait for labor to kick in!  Bring it on!  




How far along -  36 weeks, 2 day
Size -  Baby Smith is about the size of a watermelon.  Uh oh!  That means we're getting close!
 
Maternity clothes - Oh yeah, had to splurge on some winter ones to get me through these Houston cold spurts.

Weight gain -Ugh!  Doctor says I'm good, but I'm feeling rather "whale-ish"

Stretch marks -Thankfully none.

Sleep - Sore subject...  between the snoring and the swelling, I've spent quite a few nights on our couch.  Strangely enough, Greg and I both have been more comfortable that way and I've been able to elevate my feet.  But I'm back to being up about 3 times per night to go to the potty.  Fun stuff!
 
Movement -I can tell Rhett's running out of room.  I feel a lot of slow movements and kicks in the ribs since he's definitely head down now.

Food I'm loving - Anything but in small quantities.  I think there isn't much room for food anymore in there!

Food I'm hating -Not a whole lot

Symptoms - Still dealing with the heartburn, swelling and joint pain.  I have a feeling this will be continual until he gets here.  But now I'm having a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen because I'm assuming he's prepping for his grand entrance.  My doctor says it's a good thing!

Gender - IT'S A BOY! Rhett Warren :-)

What I'm looking forward to - GIVING BIRTH!!  Yes, I can finally say that!  We're finished with our showers and have all the "necessities", so I can officially have this baby.  And I can't wait!

What I miss - I still miss non-sore feet and I definitely miss a good nights sleep.  But from what I hear, those are a thing of the past.  I think I can get used to it.

Emotions -Anything that I read or hear about regarding a baby being born gets me teary-eyed.  I love reading other people's birth stories, but I can hardly get through them without welling up!

On a final note, we got to see Rhett this past week for a 35 week photo session!  It was so exciting to see him growing and know that everything is going well in there.  I guess the next picture of him will be of him in the "real world"!

Aren't I handsome???
  

2 comments:

michelle ellis said...

You look great! So glad to hear you are feeling well...can't wait to meet him!

Darby Hawley said...

I am so excited for you! I can't wait to read your birth story!!! Praying for a speedy and easy labor for you!!!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved