Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nursery Reveal...and a bit of Nesting

I may be nearing the end of my pregnancy, but I really haven't slowed down much.  Greg and I have spent the last few weekends "nesting" (i.e. cleaning and de-cluttering) and working on a couple Pinterest projects.  While it's been fun, my body had definitely paid for it.  My doctor even asked me if I could cut back my in office hours and luckily, I have a very understanding boss who quickly obliged.  So, starting yesterday, I've began working a few hours from home each day with my feet propped up.

So, as for this "nesting"...I had pinned a project on Pinterest that I really wanted Greg to help with...eh hem, I mean do the entire thing.  Well, this led to me "re-decorating" the laundry room...because that's what everybody does when they're 38 weeks pregnant...decorate their laundry room!  But I digress.  Greg's project, a beadboard drying rack, turned out perfectly!  Then, with my trusty Silhouette machine, I cut vinyl letters for over the washer and dryer.  I just love the way it turned out!



I also attempted to do a "Freezer Meal Boot Camp" that I also pinned from a fellow blogger, Leslie.  Of the 11 meals, I managed to crank out 8 meals and if I'm still pregnant this weekend, I may attempt the last three.  I figured these may be great to have on hand on those sleep-deprived days when I just can't fathom cooking a meal, or maybe even when I go back to work and am adjusting to being a working-mommy.

On another note, I realized I had never shared the final nursery pictures!  There is still one thing I'm waiting on to put the icing on the "nursery cake", but it may not arrive until after Rhett makes his debut.  When I found out I was having a boy, I knew immediately the palette I wanted to do for his room...navy & lime green.  I knew these colors were not too "babyish" and he could definitely grow into them.  I also did not have my heart set on a theme, per se, so I kept with the color palette alone.  And I'm so excited with how it all turned out...perfectly preppy!

Here is his bedding.  Of course, I plan on removing the bumper as soon as he begins sleeping in there, but it just looks too darned cute all put together.  The rocking horse was mine and my sister's when we were toddlers.  Greg and I made the framed monogram above the bed.  It was a vision I had and my great hubby was wonderful enough to help me see it through!


 His changing table will convert to a dresser and mirror once he is potty trained.  


 His rocker was gifted to us from my sister.  It used to be pink and was used for both of her girls.  I can't wait to rock my sweet boy there!


Here is the bookshelf that Greg & his brother, Geoff, made for Rhett.  It's a perfect place for all his books and toys and is definitely a special piece of furniture since it was made with love.  The little rocking chair was mine as a kid and I hope Rhett will find it to be the perfect place for him to sit in his room and read a couple books.


 And finally, a couple close up details of the decorations :-)  


So, from the looks of it, all we need is a baby to bring home!  Hope you enjoyed the quick tour of Rhett's humble abode!

5 comments:

Steve-n-Angela said...

Love it!fantastic job!

Mom said...

So cute! Can't wait to see the new "Smith" addition! Lainey

Laura Tusken said...

Your drying rack looks great! I'm glad the plans worked well for you. Thanks for linking back!

And congratulations on the baby on the way! :)

Laura from Inspiration for Moms

Darby Hawley said...

This looks awesome Lindsey!!! Now Rhett come on! Your mama is ready to meet you!

Kristy Goldman said...

Cute nursery! Good job - you will love rocking him in there and hopefully Rhett loves his bed as much as Maddie does!


Simply Smith

The Mr. & Mrs.

Rhett

Miss Prissy

Vegas
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved